Click to look through some of our accomplishments.
- January – Our first HH / CV High School farm harvest! Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cabbage harvested and distributed to our own Senior Markets. Farm to table in 24 hours!! The student farmers had the opportunity to participate in the full cycle of planting, weeding, harvesting and distributing – giving new understanding to the farming process as well as community involvement. They are terrific ambassadors for their school and the Agriculture Education program
- March – Spring crops are in at the HH/CVHS Farm! Persian melons, cucumbers and summer squash planted under plastic row cover.
January – HH Executive Director, Christy Porter sits on a discussion panel at the 2013 Clinton Foundation Health Matters Conference.
Later President Bill Clinton pays a visit to Hidden Harvest Headquarters! NBC film crews were also filming a segment for NBC Nightly News, with Dr. Nancy Snyderman reporting on health issues and the importance of healthy food access for everyone.
- September – Hidden Harvest and CV High School join forces to bring the CVHS farm back into production with the intention of creating a model teaching farm where Agriculture Education students, Culinary Arts students, FFA and 4-H students will have hands on, practical experience in all phases of a small farm and fresh food production, while providing a source of fresh produce for Hidden Harvest to distribute to agencies serving families in need.
- First crops planted at CV High School Farm with help from Ag students.
December – In our newest out-of-the-box idea to acquire more produce for our clients, HH partners with a generous local small farmer in a Grow Our Own project. Our farm partner “gave” us four rows to plant, maintain and harvest our own produce and he would supply the water and fertilizer. We grew and harvested broccoli on our four rows. The project was a positive first step in our quest for a more predictable supply of produce.
- November - Hidden Harvest is on TV again! November 18, 2012, CBS Sunday Morning News with Charles Osgood in a segment about food waste in America.
- Hidden Harvest is featured on the newly launched Clinton Health Matters Initiative website: www.clintonhealthmatters.org